V-day: Home Edition
And it's that time of the year where males and females all across the world start to feel the pinch of the cost of romance. Valentine's Day is this weekend, and we thought, instead of spending on material things that loses its shine after a while, try something different this year and surprise your partner with a party for two at home. Like this idea? Read on!
Lazing in bed on a Sunday is after all one of the top things to do on our list, so start the morning right for your loved one and get cooking. No reservations needed.
Follow the list of instructions and groceries list below, and you'll be well on your way to a beautiful start to V-day.SHOPPING LIST:
- 1 loaf of sliced bread
- 1 pack of eggs (need 4-6 eggs)
- 100grams of shaved ham or any preferred cold cut
- 2 tomatoes
- Butter/ margarine spread
- 1 pack of fresh button mushroom
- Salt and pepper
- Orange juice / Juice of choice
- Coffee / Tea
- Optional- Assorted cheese like Edam, Mozzarella, Cheddar and Brie
- Optional- Strawberries / blueberries / raspberry / mulberry
PREPARATION: 30 Minutes
- Brew coffee / tea in a pot like our Art Breco Teapot
- Wash and slice button mushrooms
- Wash and cut tomatoes into halves horizontally
- Heat up a pan and melt a knob of butter/ margarine, toss in sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper to taste. Sautée till brown and darken. Plate them on a stylish serving dishware like our Silver Rim dining set.
- Place cut tomatoes face down on the same pan to heat up for 3 minutes and plate next to mushrooms.
- Add the ham / cold cuts to the breakfast plate, next to the tomatoes.
- Toss 4 slices of bread to semi-crisp in the toaster
- Crack 4-6 eggs and cook to your preferred style using the same pan with butter. Scrambled, sunny side up or omelette style, salt and pepper to taste. Plate next to tomatoes.
- After the toast is done, slice it to triangles and plate to serve with a slab of butter by the side.
- Shave or slice cheeses and plate on another plate to create a simple cheese platter with the berries.
- Pour the orange juice or juice of choice in our Everyday Hero / Pin-up girl glasses
Carry your breakfast spread on our Sleeker Tray and see your favourite person light up to the smell of a hot brew and breakfast. Adding a touch of cheesiness always works wonders on this special day, so place a rose stalk on the tray with a hand written note.
You could also dress up the room with photos of the both of you and stick it on the wall like a gallery or string them up with pegs like a bunting.
(Images from Cluster-Cluster, Decoratingyoursmallspace)
And after a great start to the day, when evening falls, recreate a lovely night in under the "stars" with a film to snuggle up to. Dress the living room or bedroom in all its romantic glory with candles or our Copper Fairy Lights by Midnight Sparks, and that my friend, is how you end a wonderfully fuss-free V-day with your special friend.
Easy, personalised and memorable. Happy Valentines' Day!